Jerk-It™ K.E.R.R. Line (Kinetic Energy Recovery Rope)
Jerk-It™ line is a custom spliced double braid manufactured in Canada from 100% nylon yarn. Freedom Recovery Gear K.E.R.R. Kinetic Energy Recovery Rope is an excellent complement to any recovery gear kit, Available in a variety of standard sizes to and lengths
Our K.E.R.R. lines use the kinetic properties of nylon to “sling-shot” objects free from mud, sand, or snow. Available in a Fire Cracker, this line is a must-have for any recreational off-roader as well as the professional dealing with heavy machinery which has become stuck.
Our DBN meets military specifications (40-GP 16M Type 1).
- High strength
- Controlled stretch
- Excellent shock absorption
- Yellow ID tracer
- K.E.R.R. line
- Tow lines
- General utility
Use common sense and ALWAYS KEEP SAFETY THE TOP PRIORITY and ensure your application is verified for proper sizing prior to use. Remember knots in a rope or the use of a nylon rope while it is wet will have a negative impact on the rope’s strength.
• Avoid abrasive surfaces and any sharp edges.
• Use shackles of an appropriate strength for the rope and consider switching to soft shackles for increased safety.
• Always check the splice before and during attachment to each vehicle.
• Test before use. Try light pulls to test attachment before pulling at maximum force.
• Keep spectators out of the tow zone.
• A Bowline knot is recommended if the rope must be knotted. This will undo most easily after use.
*A knot can reduce a rope’s strength by as much as half.*
Application Sizing Suggestions 3:1 Safety Factor
- 5/8 Max 4000lbs GVW IE Side by Side UTV
- 7/8 Max 7000Lbs GVW Tacoma Jeep
- 1” Max9000 lbs Full-size Landcruiser, ½ ton Pick up
- 1 ¼” 14,000lbs GVW 1 ton
Usage: Crawl, Walk Run……
- Crawl: the first stage is a simple traction extraction put pressure on the rope and see if the stuck vehicle moves.
- Walk: The second stage is a walking pace of 2-3 mph that’s actually a lot of force!
- Run: The third Stage is a run of about 5-6 mph this speed will exert a tremendous amount of force!
- Make Sure your attachment point is up to the task and Use only with rated frame-mounted recovery points.
Product may look slightly different and colors may vary from images.
MINIMUM BREAKING STRENGTH (MBS) IS THE MINIMUM FORCE NECESSARY TO CAUSE A PIECE OF RECOVERY GEAR TO FAIL.
Working Load Limit (WLL) is the maximum working load designed by the manufacturer. This load represents a force that is much less than that required to make the lifting equipment fail or yield.