These kits are designed to take the guesswork out of what you need, and offer additional savings over individually priced items. They feature Canadian Made Products such as Recovery Straps or Recovery Ropes, Made In Canada Synthetic Winch Ropes and extenders, and our Canadian Premium Soft Shackles.
1- Freedom Recovery Strap 3” x 30’ High Visibility Orange MBS 24,000 lbs, approx. 10% stretch
2- Vangaurd Steel Gold Pin Screw Pin Bow Shackles WLL 4 ¾ t Safety Factor 6:1
1- Freedom Recovery Gear Soft Shackle with chafe guard MBS 35,000 lbs
1- Medium Recovery Gear Storage Bag (Orange) 48x22x20cm (21 liters) with YKK Zippers
Freedom Recovery Gear Straps are Manufactured and rated by a company that specializes in making straps for the rigging industry, and not the recreation off-road market, you know these straps are going to be up to the task with extra heavy-duty reinforced eyes.
With a Minimum Break Strength of 24,000 pounds based on destructive testing as assemblies and not a calculation, these straps come with realistic ratings. The Manufactures label specifies all the details you need to know when rigging, if your gear doesn’t come with a label how will you remember what is rated for?
Freedom Recovery Strap is specifically designed to stretch under load for maximum performance, and FRG Recovery Strap is a very effective method of extracting a vehicle mired in mud, snow, snow, or sand, this is a quick and efficient recovery method when a second vehicle is present.
They’ve chosen 3” width in high visibility Orange with a double reflective conspicuity thread for nigh visibility at night.
Freedom Recovery Strap in a 3” x 30’ length will stretch approximately 3’ under full load.
This strap size is appropriate for a vehicles 6-8,000 lbs like a 4 Door Jeep or Toyota Tacoma, and even up to ½ ton truck. We recommend a 3:1 safety factor when sizing your recovery Strap.
Vangaurd Steel Shackle is a ¾” Screw Pin Bow Shackle and is one of the standard items needed in every recovery Kit.
Freedom Recovery Gear 3/8” Tuff X Soft Shackle is a premium Canadian Made Soft shackle with a minimum breaking strength (MBS) 32,000 lbs, this is a necessity in any recovery kit. While it performs a job similar to a screw pin shackle, this can perform in many situations a hard shackle cannot.
DO not use this on any sharp edges.
Finally, a convenient Storage Bag to keep all your gear organized.
- always read the label / Markings on your gear for proper ratings.
- Avoid abrasive surfaces and any sharp edges.
- Make Sure your Attachment point is capable of holding the load you will place on it.
- Always Visually Inspect your rope and spliced eyes before use and during attachment to each vehicle.
- Use shackles of an appropriate strength for the rope and consider switching to soft shackles ( Low Mass ) for increased safety.
- Test before use. Try light pulls to test attachment before pulling at maximum force.
- Crawl (tractions extraction), walk (2-3 mph), Run 4-5mph) with no more than 6’ of slack
- Keep spectators out of the tow zone 1 ½ time farther than the strap can reach.
- do not tie a knot, A knot can reduce a rope’s strength by as much as half.*