Cascadia 4x4 Land Rover Discovery 1 & 2 (1989-2004) VSS System - 65 Watt Hood Solar Panel
Introducing the Cascadia 4x4 VSS System™ for the Landrover Discovery 1 & 2 (1989-2004). The world's first, highest quality, and most complete vehicle specific hood-mounted solar panel system.
- Keep your Discovery battery topped up at all times: Perfect for the overlander or camper who wants to power devices without worrying about draining their battery. Perfect on the jobsite for work lights and charging cordless tools.
- Extend the life of your battery: The Cascadia 4x4 VSS System™ will give you longer overall battery life by tending it constantly during periods of sun exposure.
- Emergency engine starting device: If you ever manage to completely drain your battery the VSS System™ will start the vehicle up again in as little as 30 minutes depending on sun exposure.
- Anti-glare device: Due to it's light absorbing properties the solar panel creates a surface with very low reflectivity across the hood of the vehicle.
- 65 watts of energy on the hood of your Discovery from a solar panel that's only 3mm thick, meaning vehicle aerodynamics are not affected and the weight of the system is negligible.
- Durable marine-grade solar panel construction. The panels are made from 8 laminated layers consisting of a Dupont™ Tedlar® backsheet and high tech polymers allowing them to stand up to harsh environmental conditions like rain/snow/ice/mud/rocks/sticks etc. High durability makes this panel perfect for an off-road vehicle.
- Optional Plug-and-play dual MPPT solar charge controllers. These waterproof units mount in the engine bay and are highly resistant to heat and vibration. They automatically control how much electricity reaches the battery and prevent overcharging. The charge controllers have been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors to take out all of the guesswork in setting up the VSS System™.
- The optional but highly recommended custom cut vinyl base sheet protects the underlying vehicle paint from damage.
- Factory-like appearance. The VSS System™ follows the contours and edges of the Discovery hood perfectly giving it a seamless and sleek aesthetic.
- We add strips of 3M neoprene foam to the base of each panel. This high density foam acts as a thermal barrier to protect your vehicle's paint from damage and also aid in solar panel cooling.
- Final assembly and quality control is done at our Canadian production facility to ensure that every VSS System™ functions perfectly. At Cascadia 4x4 we stand behind the quality of our products.