The ultimate family Roof Top Tent, the Hi-View 2200 is the largest in the Hi-View range, giving you all the room you need for your next family weekend escape or extended driving holiday.
Long established as Darche’s all-rounder, the Hi-View series is available in four sizes to suit any vehicle or preference. No matter where you decide to camp, you’ll be set up in minutes thanks to the quick deployment and easy deployment process. Just unstrap, fold out, deploy the dual ladders, and you’re good to go. This tent features plenty of protection from inclement weather, including a fully covered dual entry. On clear nights, the sky window allows a great view of stars.
Built tough for Australia’s rugged landscape, the Hi-View RTT will handle whatever Canada can throw at it – wind, rain and sun are no bother for this little gem. Designed for maximum ventilation, the extra large zippered mesh windows on both sides provide exceptional airflow in warm weather without compromising on storm and sun protection. The adjustable fly and built-in air vents will see you through rainy weather, preventing condensation and providing even more airflow, while the gusseted window awnings offer you shade on sunny days.
The Hi-View series is made from tough 260gsm ripstop polycotton canvas. This tent has an impressive PU 1500mm water rating (2000mm on the included rain fly) and seam sealing that will keep you dry in extended rainy conditions, giving you great protection from the elements all year round. The tent includes a premium quality, high-density 65mm mattress with a removable cover and water-resistant base. There’s even enough room to stash your sleeping bag inside, so your bed is made and waiting for you upon set up.
The insulated baseboard is made with heavy-duty compressed aluminum. The kit also includes a fully removable, heavy-duty & easy-close PVC cover for protection when you’re in transit – with ample material so you don’t have to struggle to close it. The included premium stainless-steel mounting brackets suit most commercially available flat roof rack or roof rail systems. Out of the box, Darche RTTs are designed for mounting on transverse (side to side) rack bars. For longitudinal (front to back) bars, modification to the included aluminum mounting channels is required.
Make sure to check the weight rating and suitability of your roof rack and vehicle with appropriate manufacturers prior to purchase. We recommend professional installation through one of our partners – click here to see if there’s one in your area.
The Darche RTT ecosystem features many items sized perfectly for your tent setup. Click the links below to learn more (sold separately):
Hi-View tents are also available in 1400, 1600 and 1800 sizing.
For a premium roof-top tent, check out the Panorama 1400 or 1600.
- Quick set up and pack down softshell design
- 2200mm/86″ width, perfect for large vehicles and trailers
- 10″ wider than a King Size bed!
- Includes built-in adjustable trigger lock entry canopy
- Exceptional ventilation with zippered sky window, built-in air vents and full-length, extra large side windows
- Protection from mosquitos and other bugs with fine insect mesh on all windows
- Dual Easy-action 2.3m aluminum telescopic ladder (max vehicle/bed base height 2.2m/86″)
- Internal storage pockets to stash your gear
- All-season protection including taped seams, twin needle stitching and removable rain fly
- Heavy-duty construction including self-repairing coil zips and reinforced stitching on all stress points
- Wind tested to withstand a constant wind speed of 80km/h
- Includes transit cover, mounting kit, guy ropes, window poles, pegs and instructions
- PU 1500mm tent body water rating, PU 2000mm rain fly water rating.
- Stainless steel hardware with extra-wide rubber-coated mounting clamps
- Annex available in 1.6m, 1.8m and 2.1m vehicle heights (sold separately)
*Shown with optional annex & accessories. Refer to measurement specifications for actual sizes.
Additional Oversized Shipping Required
If you continue with your online order, you'll be contacted within two business days with a freight quote. Or, you can avoid these charges by selecting one of our locations for free in-store pickup during the checkout process