Darche Ridgeback Highrize 1550 Hard Shell (61" Queen)
Keep all your sleeping gear in one place with the Ridgeback HighRize roof top tent. This massive tent can store both sleeping gear and pillows when closed and features a unique twin-fold lift mechanism for maximum headroom when you’re inside. Plus it has all the best features from the existing Ridgeback series while giving you more room to sleep and hang out when you’re on the road.
This top of the line hard shell roof top tent range delivers every bit of quality engineering and construction that you expect from DARCHE – all in a stunning aluminium shell.
The Ridgeback HighRize is our biggest hardshell roof top tent, but it still packs down slimmer than most soft shell tents. The high-spec build gives you unparalleled quality, with German-engineered Stabilus struts that provide effortless set up and pack down.
The interior is full of innovation too, with six windows giving you almost panoramic views. The plush 55mm memory foam mattress comes with a removable cover and water-resistant base plus a 10mm high rebound anti-condensation mat that will give you the most comfortable night’s sleep you’ve ever had on the road. The interior also features internal USB-powered dimmable LED lighting that has been laboratory tested to ensure compliance with all Electromagnetic Compatibility and User Safety standards.
There is even more space inside the Ridgeback HighRize to keep you cool and comfortable. The removable fly provides shelter from the sun and rain and there are three full size entry points where the ladder can be mounted.
The tent body is made from premium 280gsm Ripstop Polycotton Canvas and features an impressive 3000mm waterhead rating, high profile automotive rubber weather seals, internal seam sealing and a removable fly that will keep you dry in extended rainy conditions. With roof rails and awning bracket kits available (sold separately), the Ridgeback HighRize delivers everything you’ll ever need in a hard shell roof top tent and more. The included mounting rails suit most commercially available flat roof rack or roof rail systems.
Make sure to check the weight rating and suitability of your roof rack and vehicle with appropriate manufacturers prior to purchase. We recommend professional installation through your local 4WD centre or DARCHE retailer.
- Able to store 2 sleeping bags and 2 pillows when closed
- 1500mm/59″ sleeping area is about the same as a queen bed
- Packs down to 9.0″ high
- Compatible with 1400-series accessories such as Cold Mountain sleeping bags
- Twin-fold design results in a very large internal space, or keep it smaller for cold nights
- Large windows on all four sides provide exceptional ventilation and near-panoramic views
- Two integrated dimmable LED strips (powered by USB – battery not included)
- German-engineered Stabilus gas struts for effortless set up and pack down
- Easy-action 2.3m/90.5″ aluminium telescopic ladder will suit most vehicle heights (max vehicle/bed base mounting height 2.2m/86.5″)
- High-quality 55mm memory foam mattress with 10mm anti-condensation mat & washable cover
- Internal side pockets and roof storage net to stash your personal items
- Fine insect mesh on all windows
- All-season protection including high profile automotive rubber weather seals, taped seams, twin needle stitching and removable rain fly
- Tent body and rain fly both carry a 3000mm water resistance rating
- Heavy-duty construction including self-repairing coil zips and reinforced stitching on all stress points
- UV50+ protection
- Roof rail accessory kit available separately
- 3-Year Warranty
*Product configuration may vary from photos. Shown with optional extras, available separately. Please verify exact specifications and contents before purchase.
Additional Oversized Shipping Required
If you continue with your online order, you'll be contacted within two business days with a freight quote. Or, you can avoid these charges by selecting one of our locations for free in-store pickup during the checkout process