Freedom Recovery Gear Recovery Straps and Tree Savers are proudly manufactured in Canada from Canadian webbing.
Manufactured and rated by a company that specializes in making straps for the rigging industry, and not the recreation off-road market, you know these straps are going to be up to the task with extra heavy-duty reinforced eyes.
With a Minimum Break Strength of 24,000 pounds based on destructive testing as assemblies and not a calculation, these straps come with realistic ratings. The Manufactures label specifies all the details you need to know when rigging, if your gear doesn’t come with a label how will you remember what is rated for?
Freedom Recovery Strap is specifically designed to stretch under load for maximum performance, and FRG Recovery Strap is a very effective method of extracting a vehicle in mud, snow, snow, or sand, this is a quick and efficient recovery method when a second vehicle is present.
We’ve chosen 3” width in high visibility Orange with a double reflective conspicuity thread for nigh visibility at night.
Freedom Recovery Strap in a 3” x 30’ length will stretch approximately 3’ under full load.
This strap size is appropriate for a vehicles 6-8,000 lbs like a 4 Door Jeep or Toyota Tacoma, and even up to ½ ton truck. We recommend a 3:1 safety factor when sizing your recovery Strap.
Please always read the label on your strap for proper ratings.
- Avoid abrasive surfaces and any sharp edges.
- Make Sure your Attachment point is capable of holding the load you will place on it.
- Always Visually Inspect your rope and spliced eyes before use and during attachment to each vehicle.
- Use shackles of an appropriate strength for the rope and consider switching to soft shackles ( Low Mass ) for increased safety.
- Test before use. Try light pulls to test attachment before pulling at maximum force.
- Crawl (tractions extraction), walk (2-3 mph), Run 4-5mph) with no more than 6’ of slack
- Keep spectators out of the tow zone 1 ½ time farther than the strap can reach.
- do not tie a knot, A knot can reduce a rope’s strength by as much as half.*
Freedom Recovery Strap in a 3” x 30’ length will stretch approximately 3’ under full load. This strap size is appropriate for a vehicles 6-8,000 lbs like a 4 Door Jeep or Toyota Tacoma, and even up to ½ ton truck. We recommend about a 3:1 safety factor when sizing you recovery Strap.
1 Velcro strap 1 orange 3"x 30' recovery strap